Our focus has always been on quality, true to name products, on time delivery, competitive pricing, and the largest selection in the industry.
Camassias are one of the most tolerant and long-lived bulbs to grow. Camassia loves humus-rich, moist soils in sun or partial shade. Plant the flower bulbs with the small pointy ends facing upwards in autumn. Watch the bulbs sprout and grow in spring. Camassias naturalizes well if left undisturbed. Enjoy many years of camassia-filled wildflower meadows with camassia bulbs from De Vroomen.
How to grow Camassias
Camassia bulbs are easy to grow, naturalize easily, and will come back year after year. Plant camassia bulbs in full sun to partial shade and make sure the soil is fertile, humus-rich, and well-drained. Keep the soil moist during the growing season and water regularly, but prevent overwatering and root rot. Camassias grow up to 18” (45 cm) and produce upright racemes with loads of dark blue flowers. Camassias bloom from late spring to early summer.
At De Vroomen, we sell flower bulbs for landscape items and provide garden centers with wholesale flower bulbs. Choose from our wide selection of camassias. The most popular varieties are:
- Alba: the white flowering camassia bulbs are packed with 25 bulbs per bag and flower in late spring. The flowers grow up to 26” (65 cm) and produce white racemes with beautiful green foliage.
- Blue Melody: the wonderful lavender to purple flower heads show a blush of gold that makes this camassia adored by many gardeners.
- Cusickii: sold for 25 per pack. The light purple camassia cusickii is famous for its tall stems that are perfect as cut flowers.
- Quamash: the bright blue flowers stand out in every wildflower meadow and bloom in late spring, from May to June.
- Caerulea: the hardy camassia produces blue flower heads and grows up to 30-40” (80- 100 cm).
Camassias are popular spring flower bulbs that are loved by many gardeners.